Thursday, July 3, 2014

On a Train, On a Plane.

Greetings Gentle Reader, 

I've touched down in cloudy Detroit, Michigan after a terrifyingly bumpy and noisy flight. Prior to taking off it sounded like the pit crew was changing a tire with a hurricane. I'm sorry to say, Gentle Reader, that there was also turbulence throughout the flight and the landing was a bit sketchy too. But now I'm safe and sound and on the ground in Detroit awaiting my final flight of the day into Toronto. 



Since last I've posted I've also ridden a train. 


Thus completing the Plane, Train, and Automobile trifecta early on in my travels. 

                (This is the Scoundrel)


I also had the tremendous honor of spending the previous afternoon/evening in Boston with the glamorous Rachel Wentworth and the indomitable Scott Zadakis. 

Throughout the course of the day I saw the birthplace of the telephone,



And Jellyfish! 


I also got this tremendous book recommendation from Rachel. 


I read the first forty pages on my morning flight and it kept me occupied through the turbulence. I feel uniquely bonded with this book already. 

We had a really great time. Is was a lovely  afternoon in Beacon Hill and I'm glad that I got to spend my last pre-flight evening with these two great friends. 

From the airport bar I head to gate A61 which will take me to Toronto. 

Fare thee well America, and have a great 4th of July.

I'm off to Canada!

Courage, 

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment