Wednesday, July 2, 2014

On a Bus

Well, it was a bitter sweet send off for old Z Gentle Reader. Boy what a fine time did I have galavanting around Orono one last time before my great adventure. Drinks were imbibed, friends were chuckled with, and song was in the air. But alas, the USMNT did not prevale in their efforts in this year's round of 16. 



On the bright side I got to watch the game on this impressive projector screen whilst sampling a few of Black Bear Brewery's finest ales. It was certainly warm in the pub I must say. I'm not sure if it was the collective rising blood pressure of the viewers, or the fact that I was sitting directly in sunlight, but I felt like I was in the Manous of Orono! 

Good play all around to the American boys in this year's tournement, and congratulations to the Belgians on an impressive victory yesterday and for bringing such fine beer, waffles, and chocolate into our world. 

Now, Gentle Reader, I am on a bus. 



And as it pulls out of the Union Street station I bid God's speed to you and your July endeavors. I trust you do the same for me. 

I'll see you in the cyber salons of the future. 

Courage, 

-Z


No comments:

Post a Comment